A content writer is someone who creates relevant, interesting written content for websites or other digital mediums. Every website is designed with a certain audience in mind and requires well-written, informative, and high-quality content to communicate with that audience. That is where the content writers come in. They address the audience on behalf of the organization website’s. Content writing as a career option provides numerous opportunities, especially as the market’s demand for content grows. Today, there are several full-fledged professions with organisations’ dedicated just to providing clients with content solutions. Here are a few things you should be aware of if you want to pursue a profession as a content writer.
A content writer is generally responsible for producing high-quality writing pieces that appeal to the target audience, attract customers, and raise brand awareness.
- Research industry-specific topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Write clear and engaging marketing content to advertise the company’s products/services
- Use Content Management Systems to create well-structured content
- Write articles that are SEO-friendly and error-free
- Check the articles for grammatical errors and plagiarism, and resolve any issues that are discovered
- Before publishing a blog post, proofread and revise it
- Send work to editors for feedback and approval
- To illustrate content, collaborate with marketing and design departments
- To improve web traffic, conduct keyword research and follow SEO recommendations
- Use social media to promote content
- Identify client demands and content gaps, then recommend new strategies
- Maintain overall consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Create effective content marketing ideas by updating website content
- Investigate competitors and devise new strategies
- Create landing page copy for all of the website’s pages
These are some of the most typical duties of a content writer. However, depending on the scope of your work, you may have extra obligations in addition to generating content.
The average salary of a content writer in India is Rs.20,000/- per month.
Salary bases upon your experience
- 0 – 2 years, 3 to 4 lacs per annum
- 2 – 5 years, 5 to 8 lacs per annum
- 5+ years, 9 to 15 lacs per annum
Factors that can affect your salary-
- Your total experience
- Content writing skills you possess
- Job location
- Type of company
- Job responsibilities
|Business Ideas for beginners
|Career counsellor, Career coach