Data Engineers are liable for identifying trends in data sets and building algorithms to increase the value of data to the organisation. This IT position necessitates a wide range of technical skills, including in-depth knowledge of SQL database design and several programming languages. However, they must be able to communicate across departments to understand what business leaders want to achieve with the company’s enormous datasets.
Data Engineers are frequently responsible for developing algorithms that allow more access to data, but to do so, they must understand the client’s or company’s objectives. It is critical to keep business goals in mind when working with data, especially for firms that deal with vast and complex datasets and databases.
Python, Java, R, and C++ are some of the major coding languages used by Data Engineers.
Here, we’ll look at what the work entails, as well as the skills and qualifications required. We will also look at the salary structure as well as the best colleges and courses to pursue a career in data engineering.
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures
- Align architecture with business requirements
- Data acquisition
- Develop data set processes
- Use programing language and tools
- Identify various ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Conduct research for industry and business questions
- Use large data sets to deal with business issues
- Deploy complex analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modelling
- Find hidden patterns and algorithms using data
- Use data to automate tasks
- Deliver updates to stakeholders supported analytics
To pursue a career in data engineering, one of the first things you should think about is how much education you’ll need. According to our research, a bachelor’s degree is held by 65.0 % of data engineers. In terms of higher education, 22.3 % have master’s degrees. Even though most data engineers have a bachelors degree, it is possible to become one having only a high school diploma or GED.
When exploring a career in data engineering, choosing the correct major is always an important step. When we researched the prevalent majors for data engineers, we discovered that they typically receive bachelor’s or master’s degrees. Other degrees that we frequently find on their resumes include associate and doctoral degrees.
Experience: Many data engineering roles demand prior expertise as a software engineer, and in the meantime, many data engineers have previous experience in Hadoop developer or java developer areas.
The average salary of a data engineer in India is Rs. 65,000/- per month
Salary based upon your experience
0 – 2 years, 3 to 5 lacs per annum
2 – 5 years, 6 to 8 lacs per annum
5+ years, 9 to 15 lacs per annum
Factors that can affect your salary-
Your total experience
Type of company
Top Certification To Pursue A Carrer As Data Engineer
Only a few certifications are significant for data engineering; however, there are plenty of other data science and big data certifications to pick from if you want to expand beyond data engineering skills.
If you’re willing to prove your merit as a data engineer, any one of these certifications will add immense value to your resume:
- Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP): Data Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Data Engineer
- Certificate in Engineering Excellence Big Data Analytics Optimization (CPEE)
- IBM Certified Data Engineer – Big Data
- Become a Data Engineer (LinkedIn Learning)