Ecommerce managers are responsible for the brand’s online sales. They are in charge of overseeing the design and feel of the company’s website as well as generating sales through online channels. Depending on the position, they may be in charge of digital marketers, web and software engineers, and others who contribute to website traffic, design, and structure.
Here, we’ll look at what the work entails, as well as the skills and qualifications required. We will also look at the salary structure as well as the best colleges and courses to pursue a career as an Ecommerce manager
- Create strategies that leverage sales-related knowledge, current standards, and unique advancements to boost sales in our online store.
- Develop frameworks for transforming organizations social media networks into extremely profitable platforms.
- Supervise the activities of software developers, copywriters, and graphic designers to ensure strict adherence to predetermined strategies.
- Examine the safety of checkout pages and payment methods.
- Create promotional offers and ensure that they are submitted correctly.
- Analyze various data to deliver data-driven strategies in order to provide top performance and achieve KPIs
- Directly manage or supervise digital marketing channels such as PPC, SEO, Display, affiliates, email marketing, and social media.
- Create a content calendar and manage website uploads and landing page creation.
- Performance evaluations
Ecommerce managers should have extensive experience in using basic SEO, online sales and marketing tools. They should inherit basic management experience to lead several departments effectively. Follow the below steps to pursue your career as an Ecommerce manager:
Earn a bachelor’s degree
Most jobs require e-commerce managers to have at least a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, information technology, or a related field. You might consider taking technical courses, like web design and web development, to ensure you have an advanced understanding of building user-friendly platforms. These programs may also offer classes to help you excel in your role by enhancing your hard and soft skills.
Even though most ecommerce managers have a college degree, it’s possible to become one with only a high school degree or certification.
Get hands-on experience
Before working in management, you must first obtain experience in marketing, sales, or information technology. Spend time learning how different marketing and sales platforms function and gain experience updating your company’s website to understand website optimization in a better way. Working in sales and marketing teaches you more about brand development since you define and reinforce your company’s brand guidelines to ensure that all marketing and sales materials appropriately reflect its image.
Different marketing roles also teach you to analyze customer data to learn more about their purchasing behaviours and buying habits to interpret them properly. Spending years serving in these roles will give you the experience to lead your team of marketing and sales professionals. Once you’re in charge of your own team, you can guide them based on your knowledge and experience gained from the role.
Get online certifications
Discover different ways to upskill yourself while working in sales and marketing. Take online courses and tutorials to learn more about best practices for SEO (Search Engine Optimization), content management systems, and marketing software systems.
Earning certifications in various subjects and applications might help you stand out to hiring managers when you put them on your CV. It may also impress your existing boss, who may feel obligated to promote you to the position of e-commerce manager.
The average salary of an Ecommerce manager in India is Rs. 40,000/- per month.
Salary based upon your experience
0 – 2 years, 3 to 4 lacs per annum
2 – 5 years, 5 to 9 lacs per annum
5+ years, 10 to 15 lacs per annum
Factors that can affect your salary-
Your total experience
Content writing skills you possess
Type of company
Top Certification To Pursue A Career As Ecommerce Manager
- eCommerce Marketing Course (HubSpot)
- eCommerce Fundamentals (LinkedIn Learning)
- Certified Ecommerce Marketing Specialist (Digital Marketer)
- PG Diploma and Certification- Product Management, Ecommerce (IMCI)